NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL BBQ ASSOCIATION (NHSBBQA)
The mission of the National High School BBQ Association (NHSBBQA) is to inspire and prepare students for life by creating a nation-wide competitive bbq project to teach, preserve, and promote the tradition of barbecue and live fire cooking as a sport designed around project based learning while using it to develop leadership, career, and life skills for today’s youth.
To become the premiere youth organization in America inspired by live fire cooking focused on Career and Technical skills development.
MAKING HOMEWORK FUN AGAIN TM
COME EAT OUR HOMEWORK TM
We believe Project Based Learning is an effective method of teaching and engaging students. There are five essential elements that are conducive to learning. (1) The teacher's role is to act as a guide. (2) Students must have access to hands-on activities that are REAL WORLD. (3) Students should be able to have choices and let their curiosity direct their learning. (4) Students need the opportunity to practice skills in a safe environment. (5) Students must present their work to adults and leaders in their community.
We ignite opportunity by putting students first in all we do while being an impartial educationally driven company that brings adults, business, and industries together to support our teachers and schools to inspire learning and engagement of our children in the classroom.
1) To prepare young adults to cook for themselves, their communities, and their family.
2) To promote Career and Technical Education careers and its related occupations.
3) To preserve life fire cooking and its American traditions and Western heritage.
4) To create a sport where all children have an opportunity to participate on a team.
5) To advocate for America Agriculture and honor the food they produce and raise.
6) To bring families and communities together around food to share, learn, and grow.
7) To use these newfound cooking skills to serve their country, state, community, and school in times of need.
8) To get kids outside and off technology to enjoy friendship, fellowship, and fresh air to just be kids!.
9) To provide opportunities for decisions making, time management, and personal responsibility.
10) To have fun while learning in the most critical time in a child life and self esteem development.
EDUCATION – Is the central focus of the National High School BBQ Association
ATTITAINMENT – Achievement in a child’s life builds self esteem and character for ever.
TRAINING – Cooking and leadership skills will serve these young people for life as they explore where their food comes from and what makes quality food and meat.
BARBECUE – Is a cooking technique that teaches patience, time management, planning, exploration, teamwork, passion, and focus.
BRAVE – Perseverance, grit, and determination creates better citizens and Americans.
QUINTESSENTIAL – BBQ, Friends, fellowship, fire, are MAKING HOMEWORK FUN AGAINTM
Students learn problem solving skills, goal setting, team work, cooking, creativity, and collaboration while practicing and competing as the develop their plan and outcomes. Weather it is at school, our virtual Project Baste Learning competition online each year, or State and National events.
Specific – (simple, sensible, significant).
Measurable – (meaningful, motivating).
Objectives – (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
Knowledge attained – (agreed, attainable).
Educational Outcomes– (time-based, time limited, and desired learning and evaluation).